Dr.Tequilla Hill, LMFT
Creative & Mindful Psychotherapy
I teach a sweet, slow, and sometimes strong style of moving through poses with breath. I integrate Hatha informed gentle and restorative yoga postures in addition to pranayama, and meditation in my yoga psychotherapy sessions. I believe deeply in supporting each person to listen mindfully and compassionately to their own body’s wisdom in order to discover the unique alignment that gives them the most space for growth. Each pose becomes an opportunity to make peace with one’s body. I seek to provide an inclusive, noncompetitive environment that is welcoming of all bodies.
Yoga psychotherapy is individualized, noncompetitive, and can work for absolutely all bodies. There is not a one-size-fits-all approach, and you will not be forced to bend yourself into a pretzel. Yoga therapy also respects all spiritual backgrounds and will not interfere with your religious or spiritual beliefs. Yoga therapy does not require a quiet mind or peaceful spirit—it welcomes you just as you are. I specialize in using yoga psychotherapy for issues that are supported by my professional expertise.
Yoga can be offered as a stand alone service or integrated into your systemic psychotherapy sessions.
What to expect in a yoga psychotherapy session:
• Breathing techniques (pranayama) to bring balance to the nervous system
• Movement and body postures (asana) to learn to listen to your body and develop strength, flexibility, calm, and energy
• Guided Meditation and visualization (yoga nidra) to focus the mind, develop insight, rest the body, and increase ability to cope
• Mindfulness and compassion techniques to improve your relationship to thoughts, feelings, and behavioral change
• Lifestyle tools to deepen emotional regulation
How I offer Yoga Psychotherapy:
I offer yoga psychotherapy in the following ways.
• A stand-alone format for healing, self-exploration, growth, and general well-being for personal practice
• A set of tools to be integrated into systemic therapy sessions.
• An opportunity for those new to yoga to learn the basics for a safe foundation before public classes.
"Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life."- B.K.S. Iyengar